11.25.2009

Oscar The Grouch Is "In A Relationship"!

Apparently I didn't pay too much attention to Sesame Street when I was a kid! I didn't find out until last week at a trivia game night that Oscar the Grouch has been a committed boyfriend since January 3, 1983!

For those of you, like me, just (re)learning this, here is a picture of the happy couple, Grundgetta and Oscar (or "Grungie" and "Oskie" as they refer to each other!):

According to Grundgetta's page on Muppet Wiki, "she and Oscar, in addition to being a couple, are also best friends." However, according to Oscar's page, "a romantic relationship between two Grouches is understandably rocky". Isn't that how he said/she saids tend to go sometimes? :)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the couple was living in Seattle in the early 90s? Oscar playing electric/rhythm guitar and his significant other playing bass and occasionally drums?

    ReplyDelete