10.04.2009

Benefits of Coffee!

As I have gotten older, I have developed a little bit of a coffee addiction. :) I just can't stay awake like I used to! Plus, since I got used to the taste, all it takes is one whiff of a brewing pot and I am a goner...

I know that there can be a lot of issues with drinking coffee - caffeine addiction, teeth stains, etc - but today, since I had to wake up at 7am, I want to focus on the health benefits of a good old cup of joe.

Coffee can...
1. reduce your risk of diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, gallstones, cirrhosis, and colon, breast, skin, and liver cancers!
2. relieve headaches!
3. lower your risk of cavities!
4. contribute to your sense of well-being and happiness!
5. relieve muscle soreness!
6. clean out your liver!
7. decrease your chance of dying from heart disease!
8. help prevent memory loss!

(I added the exclamation points because that's how I say my sentences after drinking coffee!)

Many of these benefits come from coffee's high level of caffeine (which is about twice that of cola). But coffee also contains antioxidants (six times more than bananas), which we all know are vital to good health!

Of course, coffee is best consumed in moderation (probably less than 4 cups a day), and without a lot of cream and sugar. But I'll happily take what I can get!

Drink on, coffee lovers!


3 comments:

  1. Grrrr... you always bring in some form of coffee during 7th hour when my tired high school brain is craving it the most. Memory loss, really? Maybe I should get back on the bean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. See this is why Mountain Dew is good for me!! YAY!!!
    (p.s. this is leslie. I'm on google now!)

    ReplyDelete